Pacific County Immigrant Support (PCIS) learns about and supports the needs of undocumented immigrant families threatened by arrest, detention and deportation by ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement).
We empower immigrant community members with information about their rights, and provide assistance. Our focus is on residents of Pacific County, in the southwestern corner of Washington State. We are the major shellfish production and processing center on the Washington Coast, and host to a thriving commercial fisheries industry.
PCIS incorporated as a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization February 5, 2018.
Some families may have a family member held at the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma, Washington. Others might have family members currently released from detention on bond, awaiting work permits. There are also families needing support who remain in Pacific County after another family member has been deported to Mexico.
Our volunteers spend time getting to know these families, and learn their most urgent needs. When the primary wage earner in a household is unable to work, emotional and financial assistance can make a huge difference in the lives of immigrants.
A few of our activities:
- Advocate directly for families
- Raise funds to help families with rent, utilities, and other needs
- Attend hearings at the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma to support families
- Accompaniment to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office appointments and court hearings
- Connect families to community resources
- Empower families to “Know Your Rights” information and support training events
- Rapid Response Network
- Deportation Defense
- Distribute family information packets
Sign up for our newsletter below: